Monday, November 29, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 24-25

Yes, Thanksgiving was umm... a few days ago. I remember it fondly. There was pie. There were lots of other things too, but there was pie. Did I mention that there was pie? I just stumbled out of my food-and-fun coma and realized that I needed to update you. On the 24th day of Thanksgiving I was thankful for Emergen-C, road-trippin' with Princess Pea Pod and my mother-in-law, and Target. And Build-a-Bear Workshop. And Wal-Mart, where gas was $2.42 in Republic and I filled my tank to the last (oh yes, LAST) drop because when we left home Wednesday morning gas was still $2.79. (And when we got home Thursday night gas was... $2.79. Yep.) But mostly, I was thankful for a road trip with my little principessa and my mother-in-law. It was a good day... between coughing fits.

Thanksgiving day dawned bright and glorious. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Or not! I don't think Thanksgiving day ever actually dawned. It was gray and cold. There was sleet. There was the fact that my dear husband and his dad were driving on that cold, gray, sleet-y day. They arrived safely. And on Thanksgiving I was thankful for time with family. Of course, there wasn't much time with the family because we had to bounce from one to the other, but we got to spend some amount of time with all the parents and siblings in one day. It was awesome. It would have been better if the day had been longer, but I'm glad for what we got.

And I'm throwing in a 26th day of Thanksgiving because my baby brother (who hasn't been a baby in a few years) and his girlfriend went Black Friday shopping with my sweet hubby and me. Then, when everyone else was tucked in their beds and he couldn't wait any longer, he asked her to be his wife. And she said yes! I'm SO thankful she said yes! So congrats to Timifer! (Then I got all choked up because by baby brother and I have always been "Timily." But then, that was mostly when we were in trouble... He's definitely better off as Timifer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...