Monday, November 15, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 13-15

I thought I might update my blog while I was away this weekend, but it didn't work out. Next time I'll know better! Saturday was day 13 of thanks-giving and I was thankful for pumpkin muffins. They are warm, sticky, handfuls of pumpkin spice-y goodness. They are exceedingly easy to make, and rumor has it that they are good for you. (I think its because they are so yummy. Anything this yummy has to be good for you!) They are especially good with a cup of coffee.

Pumpkin Muffins
1 can of pumpkin pie filling
1 spice cake mix
Mix together, spoon into greased/lined muffin pan, bake according to the directions on the cake mix. (Usually 350 degrees for 20 minutes.)

How easy is that?!?

Yesterday was day 14 and I was thankful for cooking as a family. It wasn't a big deal, just tacos for lunch (for 11 people,) but it was nice to be one of 3 or 4 women in the kitchen all working together to get it done. There was nothing remarkable about the event, except that feeling that all is right in the world when the women of the family are in the kitchen. Can I get an "Amen"?

Today is day 15 and I am thankful for the precious little lady who entered the world last night. Her name is Eden; her mommy is my cousin. I received a picture of her at 12:30am, after I had gotten to a lovely state of sleep, and when I saw her I didn't at all mind being awakened!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...