Monday, November 22, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 20-22

I spent this weekend with my in-laws, as is common during deer season. I enjoy spending time with my family, and I usually take the opportunity to "unplug" for a few days. Saturday my mother-in-law, who is also sickly right now, and I took Princess Pea Pod and went Christmas shopping. It was a learning experience! And so for day 20 of thanks-giving, I am thankful for learning experiences. We have learning opportunities all around us, and sometimes we miss the lesson, but on Saturday I learned that I am apparently too old to go power-shopping when I am sick. I used to put healthy people to shame, even when sick, but I suppose I will be staying home from now on.

Sunday we took our sickly selves and a great-grandmother grocery shopping. Not for pleasure, but because we didn't want her to go hungry. I was very thankful for my inhaler, but for day 21 of thanks-giving I am thankful for family time together. What else is there to say about that?

Today I am thankful that my baby brother is coming home this week! We were pretty good to each other as kids, as far as siblings go, but we didn't really appreciate each other until we grew up. Then he got a good job that took him entirely too far away from us. He's hardly a baby anymore, but he'll always be my baby brother. This year he's bringing his girlfriend Miss J, so we're double thankful! Sure, that kind of bundles right up with day 21, but my baby bro is in a league of his own.

Note: Winners of the Shutterfly freebies have been notified! Congrats to tyson2468 and Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...