Friday, November 19, 2010

25 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 19

I woke up this morning. It was quite a feat! I am, despite an arsenal of medications and habits given by my allergist, still vulnerable to the plethora of allergens so prevalent in the fall in our area. For the record, I live in one of the most beautiful places God created. Also for the record, some of those beautiful creations wreak havoc on my senses. I'm not whining. I promise. (My family isn't whining either, as I have lost my voice and they don't have to listen to me prattle on about the thoughts dancing in my head at any given moment! They won't come out and say this is a great blessing, because they are awesome like that, but I don't blame them.)

So I got up this morning and I didn't have to say a thing to my sweet hubby before he could see that I don't feel well. He sent me off to take a shower, hoping the steam would help ease the pain, and I couldn't have argued with him if I wanted to. As I stood there, waiting for the steam to do its thing, I realized that so many people don't have the luxury of a shower, much less a long, hot one. And then I thought about the families whose homes are cold this morning because they can't afford heat, and the families who didn't have breakfast together this morning because they don't have food to eat. Today I am reminded to be thankful that my family's needs are met. We are blessed beyond measure. Praise God! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...