Monday, March 7, 2011

The Best Birthday Party Ever

Last week Princess Pea Pod and I were talking about our schedule for the next few days. She likes to keep track of what is coming up, so I was explaining that we would have a birthday party for Daddy's friend on Friday evening, then a quiet Saturday, and then a birthday party for Bunny Lily after church on Sunday. Not expecting anything to come of it, I commented that it was funny that we would go to Bunny Lily's birthday party on my birthday. I thought she would find it amusing. I was not prepared for the reaction I got!

"I wanna go to YOUR birthday party!" The way she said it almost sounded like I was excluding her. Heaven forbid! I explained that I wasn't having a birthday party, that it is more important to me that we celebrate hers and Hot Daddy's birthdays. She insisted that I HAVE to have a birthday party. We made a plan.

Saturday I was going to help her make a cake. She had told me that I had to have a cake because I "make the bestest birthday cakes." How could I say no to that? I asked what kind of cake she thought I should have. She said blueberry. Um... blueberries are great, but I thought a compromise on cake flavor was in order. We agreed to color my coconut cake blue. (WHEW!) We got ready to start the cake Saturday and Hot Daddy announced that he wasn't about to make me make my own birthday cake. Now, could I please walk them through it? LOL! I love that man! So this is what they ended up with:


It tastes GREAT!

Friday we had been running a few errands and Princess Pea Pod  said we needed decorations. I gave her a $5 limit, told her I would pay the tax, and sent her into the dollar store.
I was so proud of her! She stayed on task & stuck to her limit.
Then, after the cake was baked on Saturday, she announced that she couldn't wait until Sunday to throw the party!
She asked us to call to invite Grandma & Grandpa, then she & Hot Daddy decorated while I took
something that closely resembles a nap.

The events of the evening, while memorable, don't compare to the way it feels to know that our little principessa thinks I'm so special that I HAVE to have a birthday party.

Here are a few pics - because I love pics!

I love Hot Daddy's sense of humor!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...