Monday, January 17, 2011

Bestest Friends

Princess Pea Pod has a friend we'll call LG. LG is the kind of girl who lives life in "all caps." As in "LOOK! IT'S A BIRDHOUSE!" or "COME ON! LET'S GO PLAY DRESS-UP!" LG gives great hugs, has a sweet heart, and is just about as close as I've ever seen to "If you look in the dictionary at the word 'vibrant' there is a picture of LG right there."

Vibrant: the state of being that is LG


That kid sure is fun. She is high energy, and sometimes she gets too wound up to listen.
For example, in the middle of lunch today she decided to take off the dress up dress.
She said she was putting her clothes back on, and ran off to Princess Pea Pod's room.
She did not return. It got too quiet.
I found her playing with the princess dolls. "Hey, LG, why aren't you getting dressed?"
"I can't find my shirt."
"Its right there."
"Oh, ok." She went back to playing dolls.
"LG, you going to get dressed today?"
"Yeah. I can't find my shirt."
"Its right there."
"Oh, ok." She went back to playing dolls.
"Hey, LG, where are your clothes?"
"I dunno."
Roughly twenty minutes later I had crammed the kiddo back into her clothes and she was eating lunch.
Alone.
Princess Pea Pod had already finished lunch, gotten ready for naptime, and curled up on the couch.

Still, its interesting to watch LG bounce and ping through life.
I think she only has two settings: pinging mode and sleep mode.
It's interesting to me that I can hardly remember life before LG, even though she's 9 months younger than Princess Pea Pod. These two have already had a lot of fun together.


Here are Princess Pea Pod and LG. Last January I found them sitting on the vent with their baby dolls.
They said they had taken their babies to the river and were playing at the spring.


See the twinkle in her eyes?
Too cute!
Trouble!
Both, but who cares?


So this afternoon I heard Princess Pea Pod say
"Come on! Let's hug each other! You're my best friend!"
*Sniff, sniff*

The End. Amen.
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...