Monday, April 11, 2011

Stab, then Twist

Daddy: Do you want Mommy to play Candy Land with us?
Audrey: No, she's annoying.

Well thanks, principessa! For the record, she was annoyed that I was still eating after they had cleared the table and pulled Candy Land out of the game closet. That happens when Mommy is the last one to sit down to eat. And on top of that, she came to me and asked "What is annoying?" So I illustrated by (gently but persistently) poking her arm until she backed away, then just 3 or 4 more pokes. "NOW I'm annoying." I guess she spoke that into existence!

I spent about 5 seconds being bummed that she didn't want to play with me, then moved right past that and into relief. Maybe they'll play till bedtime and I can enjoy the view from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...