Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Christmas Card Conundrum

Christmas is coming! Everyone who is so excited they could burst into “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” raise your hands. Both of mine are up so far it hurts! I absolutely LOOOOVE Christmas. Not just Christmas day, but the whole Christmas season. The Christmas season unofficially starts for me somewhere around mid-July, when I slip over to Grooveshark.com and click play on my Christmas music playlist. The Christmas season officially starts after lunch on Thanksgiving day. That’s when I pull out the Christmas cards and mailing list, and start jotting happy little notes, signing and sealing the envelopes with cute little stickers and coordinating address labels.
This year I am ordering my Christmas cards from Shutterfly (http://www.shutterfly.com) again. I ordered some from them last year and loved-loved-loved them! The designs are great, they processed and shipped my order quickly, and the print quality is excellent. But I have a problem, dear friend. I don’t know which one of those fantastic designs to choose! Here are some of my thoughts…
Going to http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards, I find the Peppermint Bliss design.
How cute and fun is that?!? I adore peppermint at Christmas! But the options abound, and I am the kind of girl who likes to explore my options before I make a decision. I click my Back button and find Family Frame, Lovely Leaves Story, Starry Starry Snowflakes… GAH! Which one to choose? Is this year’s card bright, merry, fun? Do I go with something more traditional and serene? Clicking on http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards takes me to a simple, clean design called Starlight Joy. 
This one is a major contender, but I also really like the options in their Religious Christmas Cards. In His Name seems to be the front-runner… along with Christ Is King and Elegant Cross.
 I appreciate that Shutterfly offers card designs that relate to the real reason for the season.
I’m pretty sure I have made my choice. Have you? Great news! Shutterfly is offering 20% off all holiday cards. Just go to http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery and choose your favorite design, input your photo, and add your text. It’s so easy! (You can also check out Shutterfly on Twitter and Facebook. “50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly http://bit.ly/sfly2010 #SFLY”) Stay tuned to find out which one speaks for our family this Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...