Saturday, February 28, 2015

God Made You Special Part 2

Thanks for coming back! This is one of those issues that needs to be viewed as a whole, but I felt like I was getting really long-winded. So, if you haven't read the first installment, please take a few minutes to do that here before you move on. The "what God has done" is really awesome, but taking into consideration where I was before just amps up the awe!

I like to consider the big picture when I look at a situation, and that was one reason we chose a family physician for our OB care, to deliver our principessa and to also provide our pediatric care. We wanted someone who would know what was going on with our entire family and consider that as health and wellness decisions were made for all of us. So when I felt like my body was falling apart, I wanted to get to the root of the issue. I started thinking about my spine and looking back toward the natural medicines that worked for our ancestors before issues like diabetes and cancer became as common as air and water. I was too busy and too stressed to really follow up on those ideas, but the seeds had been planted.

Then I became a stay-at-home mom and, although my days are filled with homeschooling and household responsibilities, I also found myself with a little bit of time left over to care for myself. All of a sudden it became even more important for me to get back to a functional state to honor the God who made me and the family who trusts me. I started by researching and choosing a chiropractor to help address the spinal issues. I was also able to get in touch with a friend who opened the door for me to begin using and distributing Young Living essential oils. I had already done research and determined that Young Living's purity standards, including their Seed to Seal promise, made them the correct option for our family.

These changes started just about 5 months ago. I have ditched the Epi-Pen and the arsenal of drugs and I DON'T MISS THEM! I am down to one daily medicine, which I hope to eventually eliminate. The daily debilitating migraines are gone. The headaches I do get now are infrequent and minor, and are treated with Peppermint and/or Lavender essential oils. The daily allergy meds and shots have been replaced by diffusing Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint overnight. When I do need a little extra allergy support, I take a 2-4 drops of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint in a vegetable capsule a couple times a day. (Please note that I specifically refer to Young Living essential oils, as they are the only one I have found that are safe for internal use. Note also that only certain oils are safe to take internally. Read your labels carefully and research before you use any essential oil.) I still get carsick when I ride in the car, but it is alleviated with a little Peppermint or Ginger oil, or by taking a few moments to get out and walk around. No more meds for motion sickness in my purse! The back pain and the issues with pain and lost strength in my hands have been determined to be a result of chronic systemic inflammation. I am already seeing results from an increase in Omega-3 fatty acids and some slight changes to the way I eat. I'm eating fewer inflammatory foods, cutting out things I only thought I would miss. I'm taking in antioxidants and enjoying NingXia Red twice a day. I still enjoy my daily cup of coffee, but I drink it black. I still enjoy water and unsweet tea, but I amp them up a bit with some Lemon or Citrus Fresh for a little extra detox boost. Natural foods don't trigger my mysterious food allergy, and since I no longer eat much meat or dairy, I no longer see some of the digestive issues that often accompanied them.

Now brace yourselves, my sisters, because at the risk of giving too much info, I have GOT to share what happened to my feminine cycle. And I feel fairly safe doing that here because, let's face it, I don't reach many people and roughly 0% of my readers are male. I started taking birth control pills when I was 15 to regulate my hormones so that I could function. The beginning of every cycle brought cramps that caused my legs to not work and pain that kept me in bed, curled into a semi-fetal position because I couldn't curl up tightly, but I couldn't straighten my legs either. I had prescription pain medicines I was instructed to take from 2-3 days before the beginning of each cycle, through the duration of it. I specifically remember one day I tried to get to my meds, but I collapsed on the floor of our home office and it took a couple hours to inch my way to my meds, take them, and lay there while they kicked in enough that I could get back to bed. That info is meant only to express how stinkin' excited I am that my current experience is completely opposite of that! I switched from the toxin-laden products that are so easily accessible to natural products. I worked hard to get my spine in line, and I started treating my pain with my "power pair" of Lavender and Peppermint. The change wasn't instant, but the changes I have made over the last year have started to show results that my family and I greatly appreciate!

Remember the daily puke-fest I mentioned as a result of the antibiotics I was taking for the painful acne? I didn't really discuss it with Hot Daddy; I didn't want to whine and he was busy with the stresses of starting a new job. Then one day he was home and witnessed it. I was only halfway through the 3 month course of antibiotics, but he encouraged me to stop taking them. Could they truly be worth vomiting every single day? There had to be another way to get relief. Enter my new friends, Frankincense and Purification. Within just a couple days, my face was clearing up. I now make my own gentle cleansing wipes to use in the evening and wash with only water in the mornings. I make my own nighttime moisturizer with coconut and jojoba oils as the base and Elemi and Lavender essential oils as my power players. I'm not totally blemish free, especially as my hormones fluctuate, but my face doesn't burn and sting. My blemishes actually heal, where they used to flare in cycles, but never actually heal. I'm calling this success. And it feels good!

I'm not a doctor, I can't tell you what will work for you. I'm just telling you what has worked for me. I am telling you that I am slowly, surely getting back to the way God made me. I am learning that respecting His creation involves respecting and caring for myself. Otherwise, how can I care for the family He has given me? How can I be His hands and feet, caring for the other people God made special?

I was going to wrap up this post with a reference to Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Then the Lord gave me 2 Timothy 1:7, "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."

If you have questions about God's love, the changes He has brought me through, or Young Living essential oils, feel free to contact me through this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...