Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ice Cream & the Post-VBS Meltdown

We've had vacation bible school this week. I love VBS. I've loved VBS since I was a kid in a small rural church, where it meant lemonade and those (not Oreo) chocolate cream cookies. Jesus Loves Me and bead cross necklaces and panting in the humid and heat of July in the Delta. Its a little bit different as an adult, but VBS is still a major highlight of the summer. I think the biggest difference is that instead of being the tired, cranky child at the end of the night, I am now responsible for the tired, cranky child at the end of the night. Last night was the end of VBS, so we had a great program and I had 2 tired, cranky girls when it was all over.

Here they are, so tired that one couldn't keep her eyes open and the other could do nothing but shoot the death glare.

And here they are after I said we would take them to get ice cream.


Funny how effective ice cream is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...