Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Christmas in July and Book Review - Christmas in Chestnut Ridge

There is a very good reason why Christmas in July is a thing. By now, all the strategies to stay near the air conditioner and limit heat sources inside the house have settled into daily routine. The thrill of summer has tamped down to a state of perpetual exhaustion from all the excitement with which we burst into the season and my mind is starting to drift from how much I love sundresses to how much I miss my sweaters and boots. Thankfully, Great American Family and Hallmark have come through with Christmas in July to pick me up out of my funk and give me a cup of cheer to get me through! Part of my CiJ routine also includes checking out all the exciting upcoming Christmas novels from those authors who are synonymous with the season. You know I can’t wait to get my hands on the latest tome of the most wonderful time of the year from Melody Carlson and Nancy Naigle. That’s why I am so excited to present to you my review of Christmas in Chestnut Ridge, Nancy’s upcoming release!



Christmas in Chestnut Ridge picks up where Naigle left off the story of friends Natalie and Sheila from Chestnut Ridge series book 1, And Then There Was You. There is enough backstory built in to avoid feeling redundant, but to allow the reader to pick right up with Christmas in Chestnut Ridge. Sheila is off kilter with the approach of the holiday season; her best friend has moved to a small mountain town several hours away, and her mother has been moved to a memory care facility. When Natalie invites Sheila to join her in Chestnut Ridge, it takes just a little bit of effort to pull her into the joy of the season. But it’s more than wrapping paper and bows when a little bit of flirting with the handsome fire chief becomes more than it was supposed to. The people of the small town work their way into Sheila’s life over the course of her stay, none more than Tucker, and she finds herself genuinely wondering if what she has sought for years is what will truly bring her joy.


Nancy Naigle writes small town charm like nobody’s business, and her books are written for the screen. Reading Christmas in Chestnut Ridge took me right to the cozy mountain town; I cast the movie in my mind as the characters were introduced and their relationships developed. I could smell the pine and taste the hot chocolate, the pecan snowball cookies, the chamomile tea. Naigle’s descriptions, character development, and relationships are on point. She writes complex relationships with authenticity, which allows the reader to relax into the story and simply enjoy. Christmas in Chestnut Ridge is an easy addition to your seasonal reading list… even when you’re only dreaming of the season!


Christmas in Chestnut Ridge by Nancy Naigle is scheduled to release October 8, 2024, and is available for preorder from your favorite local bookseller or online:


Amazon                    Barnes & Noble                Walmart


Thank you to the author and publisher for allowing me a copy to read and review. All opinions expressed here are my own and are completely genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - The Christmas Tree Farm

Homecomings can be hard. This is what Maddison learns when she returns to her grandparents’ Christmas tree farm after several years away. He...