Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Book Review - Point of Danger

I have a rule about suspenseful books.

It says that if you open your book with a statement like, "The package was ticking," you had better deliver. Thanks, Irene Hannon; you kept my heart pounding until the very last word of Point of Danger. There is no doubt the first novel of her Triple Threat series snatched my attention from the get-go and didn't let go.


Eve Reilly is a conservative talk radio host who holds nothing back for the sake of being politically correct, so it's no surprise that she has gotten used to hate mail. Neither is it surprising that she's not going to back down when things escalate to a point of action. Police detective Brent Lange is tasked with trying to determine the source of the particularly nefarious package as other suspicious incidents unfold around Eve. The deeper he digs, the more involved the plot seems... and the more involved his heart becomes.


Irene Hannon has woven an intricate web of social and political intrigue based on events we have seen unfolding as we watch the evening news, which made Point of Danger very relevant, very real, and very intense. I picked up this book, read her opening declaration, and promptly informed everyone in my house to go away until I had completely devoured it. (Thankfully, they love me enough, and know me well enough, to do just that!)

Point of Danger is currently available from your favorite bookseller. Here are some links, because I'm helpful like that.

Barnes and Noble: https://tinyurl.com/y5sx8nv9

Thank you to the author and the publisher for allowing me a copy to read and review. All opinions in this review are my own and are completely genuine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...