Thursday, September 24, 2020

Book Review - Nine

They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. These days, it's kind of difficult, since there are so many beautiful book covers out there. Nine by Rachelle Dekker qualifies as one of the most beautiful covers I've seen in a very long time. The internet does it no favors. Sure, you can see the moody mist on the mountains, but the sparkle on the physical book's cover makes that mist nearly tangible, and to practically feel the mist makes a woodsy scent tickle the nose as the pages turn.


What I didn't know is that this one is set practically in my backyard, which gave me an instant familiarity with the rugged terrain. That's where the familiarity ends, unless you consider that Lucy and Zoe are girls and I'm a girl. Familiarity may have ended, but the action and thrills didn't. They cruised right on to the very end of a story that kept the pages flying until I ran out of pages to turn. 


The question of, "Does my past define who I am," is a common theme. Rachelle Dekker handles it in an interesting way, examining the lives of Lucy, Zoe, Seeley and others. Am I created and predestined to be one thing or can I choose to set aside those preconceived notions and become more? Can you?

Nine by Rachelle Dekker is currently available from your favorite bookseller.

Thank you to the author and the publisher for allowing me a copy to read and review. All the opinions in this review are my own and are completely genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...