Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Book Review - A Dream Within A Dream

A Dream Within A Dream is the third book in the Coffey & Hill series from Mike Nappa and Melissa Kosci. I am going to be straight up with you right now; y'all know I'm a sucker for a series. If I am reviewing the third book in a series, I will absolutely read all three. And now for the sake of honesty, you should know that I didn't read this series. I tried. I really did. I got about three chapters into the first book, Annabel Lee, and walked right away. I was sure this review was going to be an altogether different kind of first for Woman by Grace: one where I explain why I just couldn't get into this book. And now we are all surprised, because A Dream Within A Dream has made a liar out of me.

It took a bit of time for me to grow accustomed to the stream of consciousness flow of Dream's narration. Following the flow of a story that involves an art heist, the Irish mob, Saudi terrorists, and a little boy lost seemed overwhelming. However, it did not take long at all for this madness to snatch my attention and hold me captive until the very last word. Not only that, but the references to previous Coffey and Hill escapades has inspired me to revisit Annabel Lee and follow that with The Raven.



Thank you to the authors and the publisher for allowing me the opportunity to read and review this book. All opinions in this review are my own and are completely genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...