Thursday, January 16, 2020

Book Review - Love Amid the Ashes

This, my dear friends, is a review I wrote in November 2011, after I read my first book by Mesu Andrews. In preparing for something pretty stinkin' exciting, I realized that I had never posted my Love Amid the Ashes review to Woman By the Grace of God. I am so sorry! Y'all, fix a cup of coffee, a cup of tea, a glass of tea... get comfy, and enjoy the book that kicked off a fierce admiration for all things written by Mesu.




It is not all that often that I give 5 star ratings. I firmly believe in giving credit where it is due, and that there is always something somewhere that can be improved. Having said that, Love Amid the Ashes gets a solid 5 stars from me.

Mesu Andrews uses the facts we have, weaves in fiction to fill in the blanks so skillfully that one must be careful to discern between the two, and gives us a story of love and redemption that left me wondering if I had read it or if I had truly been there. I expected this to be another love story, but what was delivered is so much more than that. The male/female relationships are balanced artfully with the friendships that are forged to withstand tragedy and triumph. The love story between the characters and El Elyon, God Most High, is so skillfully written that it whispers of the redemption and dedication and soothes the soul.

Mesu Andrews sacrifices neither plot nor description in this well balanced depiction of Job's trials. I wish I had purchased multiple copies of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review - Sandcastle Inn

Irene Hannon brings us back to Hope Harbor in Sandcastle Inn, the tenth book in her series. This installment brings us into the lives of vet...